My name is Leanne Brummell. I came to St George over 20 years ago for a holiday to visit the relies on the farm, fell in love, and stayed. I have been involved in Primary School education in St George since 2009. I was a relief teacher aide at St Pats and I home schooled my daughter from year 7 to year 12 (all of highschool) doing online distance education, an experience I highly recommend. I have worked with classes from Prep to Grade 7, small groups and one on one with students with targeted needs. I have also worked with adults.
* Certificate in Tutoring (2015)
I completed this through Accredited Tutor as recommended by the Australian Tutoring Association, and my business was accepted as a member of the ATA, the peak group for tutors in Australia. I took this step because presently a tutor in Australia does not need any qualifications and I wanted to give parents peace of mind that their child is in capable hands. I have had to let membership of the ATA lapse due to the downturn in demand for my services because of Covid-19 and cost of living pressures. I will be joining again when the budget allows.
* Certified Mindfulness for Children Teacher (2021)
* Introduction to Cultural Integrity (2020)
* Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners (2019) ITTTYL4510
* Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (2018) ITTT00207715 Result- Grade A
* Certificate III in Education Support (2014)
* Certificate IV in Small Business Management (2015)
* Accredited Tutor No AU1042052
* Working with Children Blue Card
* Senior First Aid and CPR
Prior to coming to St George I provided voluntary assignment assistance to overseas and indigenous university students in a variety of subjects, including BEd, MBA, Economics, Geology, Masters of Social Planning and Development and a Sociology PhD. But don't let this scare you, I'm great with kids, they love coming to see me.
I started a Bachelor of Social Science at the University of New England in 1992 and 1993 and one day when I find time will finish it.
(I can also help mature age students with assignment assistance, most recently I helped with a Diploma of Nursing).
I really believe that you are never to old or too young to learn. :)